Support

The UK Column can only exist with your support

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Liar?

Posted By The Editor On April 12, 2010 @ 1:16 pm In Article, Hollie Greig, Mike Robinson

Owen Paterson was, until the election was called, Anne and Hollie Greig’s constituency MP. He is currently their prospective Conservative candidate. Is he a liar?

On the 28th March another constituent sent him a letter:
I have recently become aware of the shocking facts of the abuse of Hollie Greig. I understand from Anne Greig (the victim’s mother), that she has been in touch with you to seek your help to get justice for her daughter, however it would appear that no tangible actions to date have been forthcoming.
From the facts, it appears to be quite clear that a systemic establishment cover-up, has and continues to take place over this dreadful case of abuse against a vulnerable person. Without doubt we live in a corrupted society where the general morality of the political class is lacking – the MPs expenses scandal being an example.
I cannot find mention in Hansard or anywhere else, of actions that you have taken to ensure that justice is sought in this case. As my MP, I ask that as a matter of urgency raise this matter in the House of Commons, calling for an immediate independent inquiry into all the facts surrounding this case.
This letter I consider to be in the public domain and your response to me likewise. All correspondence will be available at http://www.holliedemandsjustice.org/. I have enclosed a copy of the UK Column and refer you to page 3 for an overview of the facts.

Yours sincerely,
Name supplied.
On the 30th March, Mr Paterson wrote back:
Dear Mr …
Thank you for your letter dated 28th March. I had several meetings with Mrs Greig in 2007 and 2008. I have written on her behalf to Government Ministers and a number of public agencies. Whenever we spoke she was always nervous of her new Shropshire address becoming public.
Therefore, owing to the extremely sensitive nature of this case, it would have been totally inappropriate to raise this matter on the floor of the House. I did, however, continue to work behind the scenes. The last letter I wrote to Mrs Greig asked her to come back to me if there was anything further I could do to help. I have not heard from her since. I am more than happy to continue to act for Mrs Greig should she ask me to do so.
Yours sincerely,
Owen Paterson
Personally speaking, I am so appalled by Hollie’s case, that were I an MP, and had one of my constituents come to me with a story like Hollie’s, I would be moving Heaven and Earth to help her, whether or not I had heard back from her.

So here is the truth:
  • Anne has never met Mr Paterson in person, ever.
  • Anne has not seen any copies of any correspondence from Mr Paterson to any Government Ministers or public agencies. Maybe Mr Paterson would like to forward us these letters and the replies he received?
  • There was never an issue of confidentiality regarding Anne and Hollie’s Shropshire address. Only the address of the rest centre Anne and Hollie stayed at was to be kept confidential.
  • Mr Paterson has never been in touch with Anne to update her about his continuing efforts “behind the scenes.”
  • Anne has never received a letter from Mr Paterson inviting her to ask for further assistance, which is why Mr Patterson has not heard from her since.
So we invite our readers to write to Mr Paterson, and ask him if he is lying. If you live in Shropshire, please pass this story around Mr Paterson’s constituency – make sure everyone in his constituency gets the opportunity to ask him as well.



















Article printed from The UK Column: http://www.ukcolumn.org

URLs in this post: